Position: Feedlot Assistant Manager.
I am recruiting an assistant manager for a family owned feedlot enterprise which runs approximately 3,000 head. the property spans over 850 hectares of land and encompasses backgrounding, dryland and irrigated farming.
Due to succession planning, the position of Feedlot Assistant Manager has become available with a long term view to taking on overall feedlot management. A long-term commitment is valued, and I am looking for someone to enhance the feedlot operation to align with already established high farming standards and make a home at the Feedlot for their family.
Reporting to the Feedlot Manager, the successful candidate should embody a hands-on, proactive approach and seamlessly integrate into all facets of feedlot operations and staff management. The selected candidate must priorities weight gain, cleanliness, animal health, water quality, processing efficiency, accurate ration mixing, and comprehensive data recording.
With a passion for cattle well-being and a drive for business growth, you’ll take on responsibilities ranging from:
• Cattle work and animal husbandry
• Assist in day-to-day planning of cattle tasks
• Driving, operating and ensure up-to-date maintenance of vehicles and machinery
• Milling feed
• Feeding cattle
• Pen maintenance
• Correct handling and use of chemicals
• Record keeping using the program Stockaid and BMS
• Following QA procedures and guidelines
• Training of staff
• Adhering to OHS requirements
• Overseeing maintenance and repairs of equipment and infrastructure
This position is an excellent opportunity for employees seeking diversity and engagement in their work. Ability to work one weekend a month on a rotational roster. Weekend work is only feeding cattle so is a maximum of 4 hours each day.
This enticing opportunity boasts a competitive above award salary package complemented by a bonus structure tailored to the candidate’s performance. A three-bedroom home with established gardens perfect for families is offered as part of the deal, along with a work ute and work mobile phone.
You will be someone with the skills and knowledge necessary to ensure that the proper balance is struck between the business’s needs and the animals’ well-being. On-the-job training is available, although prior experience will be highly regarded.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Passion for animal welfare and understanding of cattle husbandry
• Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Experience in staff training and management
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work under pressure
• Flexibility to work weekends on a rotational basis
• Commitment to environmental sustainability
• Long-term commitment to the role and the desire to make a home at the feedlot for their family.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com