Position: Station Hand
Location: Conargo, NSW Riverina
I am recruiting a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join a team as a Station Hand on a privately owned large property in Conargo. The property primarily focuses on sheep production, with 12,000 merino ewes, and also operates a small-scale cattle enterprise (500-2,000 head when season permits). All mustering activities are conducted using trail bikes and UTVs.
– Perform sheep and cattle handling tasks, including mustering, yard work, and general animal care.
– Assist with the maintenance and repair of infrastructure, such as fences and yards.
– Operate and maintain trail bikes and UTVs.
– Contribute to the overall smooth running of the property by participating in other station duties as required.
– Fit and healthy, capable of undertaking physically demanding work.
– Passion for the agriculture sector and a willingness to learn new skills.
– Ability to work well as part of a team and communicate effectively.
– Possession of a valid car license, as the property is divided by a 35km public road.
– Opportunity to gain hands-on experience in animal production.
– Air-conditioned quarters provided on the property.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to expand their knowledge and experience in animal production. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org